Les Dragons d'Asgard

AccueilAccueil  AgendaAgenda  Dernières imagesDernières images  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  Connexion  
Capacitaire cheers Pour avoir accès à l'intégralité des rubriques du forum, présentez-vous ! cheers

Capacitaire Capacitaire Capacitaire cheers Bon anniversaire les Dragons de Mars cheers Capacitaire Capacitaire Capacitaire
cheers Pensez à vous inscrire sur la carte des Dragons ! cheers
-50%
Le deal à ne pas rater :
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
69.99 € 139.99 €
Voir le deal

Terrarium for R.ciliatus

+3
perth
crested
Empiu
7 participants
AuteurMessage
Empiu
Membre draconique Confirmé
Empiu

Féminin Age : 37

Terrarium for R.ciliatus Empty
MessageSujet: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeSam 25 Oct 2008, 19:57

Hi! I;m not sure if it's section, so if not, plz move it Smile

I wish to show you, how I made the terrarium for my cresteds.

Terrarium is 80 long, 35 wide and 77cm high. There are two ventilations- one on the bottom, and secontd ceiling ( 5 and 20cm ). In the front there is one moving glass divided into equal parts.

Unfortunately I don't have photo of empty terrarium - forgot to make it Wink

This is a project made in such proffesional graphic program as PAINT kislapt (sorry for the polish at the pic )

Terrarium for R.ciliatus AsiaWinkler-terrarium

I've coverd the wall with polyurethane foam, and put two caves made of polystyrene. Later I decided to replace the lower cave with huge wood root. You can also see a pipe on the left which is an element of waterfall system.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015344

These are plants and root for terrarium.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015388

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015389

The beginning of tailsome covering the wall with silicone and coconut fibres (im not sure, if "fibre" is properly word ). I've also sprinkled silicone with small pieces of bark (to iritate my all-knowing male friends, who said that it will fell off Razz All in all bark is glued so strong that geckos will have to bite it off to remove it Wink) In some places I've used a mix of coconut fibres and peat.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015385

All wall coverd with silicone and fibres. For the next few days, I made corrections, to hide bald places in which foam was visible.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015393

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015387

Root's fitting. It turn out that it is too wide a bit, so I had to cut it with saw.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015396

Pump's installation...

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015417

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015418

... and the waterfall's test.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015415

Drainage is assured by the 7cm layer of ... well.. I've couldn't find this world in dictionary, but these are very light stones, which are used in gardening, to prevent water's excess accumulation in the soil, and rotting plants' roots. You know what I mean? In polish it is "keramzyt".

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015420

It is coverd with double layer of plastic fence with small meshes, to prevent falling down the soil.

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015421

A little break in building - I've run out of the soil Wink

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015425

The finnal effect. I have to say that in real life it looks better. I've aslo bought a few more plants and will plant them soon, so will put new pics of my terrarium Smile

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015432

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015436

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015437

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015442

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015446

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015448

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015431

Little gratis for the end Smile

Terrarium for R.ciliatus P1015430-1[/b]
Revenir en haut Aller en bas
Invité
Invité

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeSam 25 Oct 2008, 20:15

Hello

It's a very nice terrarium but I have a problem with your waterfall

I explain: Did you make an UV water-filter to kill bacterian? because lots of bacterian will grow up if you dont change the water frequently due to the high hygrometry of your terrarium

Otherwise it' beautiffull Wink
crested
crested

Masculin Age : 32
Emploi : lyceen

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeDim 26 Oct 2008, 09:45

very nice but How many crested you will put in this terrarium??
Empiu
Empiu

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeDim 26 Oct 2008, 21:33

kegoyo57 a écrit:

I explain: Did you make an UV water-filter to kill bacterian? because lots of bacterian will grow up if you dont change the water frequently due to the high hygrometry of your terrarium

The UV filter is not needed when you use that "keramzyt" which I was talking about. It works as the natural, biological filter. Many frieds of mine use the same system even in f.e. Dendrobates' viviariums, which are obviously more senstitive than R.ciliatus, and there are no problems Smile So I recommend this method. The only necessary thing which I have to make is to change the water once a month Smile

crested a écrit:
very nice but How many crested you will put in this terrarium??

1.3 or 1.4 and of course for 4 months male will be kept in the other, smaller terrarium alone Smile
perth
Expert Brillant et Grandement Apprécié

Féminin Age : 31

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeDim 26 Oct 2008, 21:53

Yeah,nice job

You choose good decorations \o/

And the waterfall is beautiful too.

How many R.cilliatus have you got ?
Fenchurch
Alias Super Tomate, Fouine-fourche, je fouine et j'enfourche...mon gros cube ! (Administratrice)
Fenchurch

Féminin Age : 48
Loisirs/Humeur : Le rire c'est de la merde.... ça n'arrête pas les balles.

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeDim 26 Oct 2008, 23:15

Hi,
Beautiful terrarium ! I especially find the waterfall looking genuine, very natural ! komça
The "keramzyt" is called clay balls I think Wink.
Maybe the terra could do with some more horizontal roots or branches...
Anyway that's a great deal of good job ! Terrarium for R.ciliatus 354149
Bye !
Fenchurch geek
Empiu
Empiu

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeLun 27 Oct 2008, 21:15

I have 4 rhacs now, but in that terrarium live 3 of them. I will not add any brances, 'couse when the plants will grow, there would be to less free space Smile I will post a photo after a few month to show changes Smile
perth
Expert Brillant et Grandement Apprécié

Féminin Age : 31

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeMar 28 Oct 2008, 14:30

Yes, sure.

If you put more branches, the vegetations couldn't grow up ^^
Fenchurch
Alias Super Tomate, Fouine-fourche, je fouine et j'enfourche...mon gros cube ! (Administratrice)
Fenchurch

Féminin Age : 48
Loisirs/Humeur : Le rire c'est de la merde.... ça n'arrête pas les balles.

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeMar 28 Oct 2008, 14:45

Of course but...
In the meantime, your rhacs could be more confortable with some more horizontal branches I think... Wink
Well, of course that's only my way Wink.
I guess I'll think about your idea of natural filter for the waterfall... But I've always been afraid it could lead to a too wet terrarium...
Anyway I may give it a try... Thanks !
Bye,
Fenchurch geek
Thorrshamri
Fondateur du Forum - INDISPONIBLE
Thorrshamri

Masculin Age : 52
Emploi : Eleveur amateur de geckonidés rares
Loisirs/Humeur : Distributeur officiel du coup de marteau dans la gueule

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeMer 03 Déc 2008, 01:40

The result looks really amazing. I just would have used more thin branches such as hazelnut tree small branches, rhacs just love to rest and play among them. More, i would have added potted plants such as pothos or tropical ferns (Asplenium nidus is a goood choice when still at a reasonable size), you can even use small-leaved ficus species Wink
piwibastien
Contributeur Régulier au Savoir Respecté
piwibastien

Féminin Age : 44
Emploi : laborantine

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeMer 03 Déc 2008, 10:48

bonjour à tous et toutes ,
j'ai un petit soucis avec ce post , l'idée me plaît beaucoup , je dois préparer un terra pour rhaco et je voudrais m'inspirer et voir ce qui se raconte au niveau de la fontaine mais mon anglais est very bad et donc je comprends rien Crying or Very sad y aurait-il une âme charitable ayant pitié d'une simple francophone ? pirouli
d'avance merci
http://lovely-angel-coon.be
lsdn
Eminent(e) Membre de la Confrérie des Dragons
lsdn

Masculin Age : 38

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitimeMer 03 Déc 2008, 11:03

utilise google traduction Laughing
Contenu sponsorisé

MessageSujet: Re: Terrarium for R.ciliatus   Terrarium for R.ciliatus Icon_minitime

Terrarium for R.ciliatus
Page 1 sur 1